onsdag 27. oktober 2010

A crazy day in Toronto - Jens' diary entry


Hi, dear followers! Today has been a wild day, and I can’t wait telling you guys about it. We are still in Toronto. Right now I’m sitting at the cheap hotel room, while Even, Anders and Benjamin are on a strip club… At least that was where they said they were heading to. I’m just tired after this day, and therefore I decided to stay at the hotel, just to relax. So now I’m going to let you guys know what happened today.
The fancy bus stop.
We started the day with eating breakfast at the hotel room, and everyone was kind of tired after some hard days here in Canada, and some wild experiences (Justin Bieber etc.). We quickly decided that we were going to relax today, and just hang around in the town, and maybe buy some gifts for our family. We decided not to make any exact plans, so that we didn’t need to rush with anything.
After the breakfast we made ourselves ready to leave the hotel, and then we went to the bus stop. The bus stop was a rare sight. We had never seen anything like it, and we thought that was pretty cool. But the bus came earlier than expected, so we didn’t really get to enjoy the sight of the bus stop. Luckily for us we managed to take a picture of ourselves by the nice and modern design work.
When we reached the town of Toronto, we didn’t really know what to do first. Benjamin suggested that we could do some shopping. Benjamin was really excited about this idea, and really tried to convince the other of us to join him shopping. The thought of just to go and see through the stores would normally be boring for me, because I’m not that into shopping, but today I thought it maybe would be fun. Therefore, we started looking for stores, but that wasn’t hard at all. It was plenty of them, all over the place.
Benjamin was shopping like I’ve only seen girls do. Me, Even and Anders were just following him into every store, and actually, I found an umbrella which I bought for my mom. She always asks me to buy her an umbrella, so I decided I finally would make her stop complaining about it.
It was when we walked out of that store, the craziness started to happen. We, all four of us, were walking silently along the street, when a dog suddenly jumps on my left leg. At first I didn’t really know what to do. The dog was biting and scratching my leg, and all I had in defense was an umbrella. In panic I began poking the dog with the tip of the umbrella, hoping he would let go of my leg. But then I suddenly felt it: The pain that was entering my body. I felt a pain I had never before been exposed to. I fell on the ground somehow, because it felt like I lost control of my left leg. I tried to cushion the fall by planting the umbrella on the ground. Of course, the umbrella couldn’t handle my weight, and it broke on half. When the umbrella broke it made a weird and harsh sound, which made the dog stop biting me, and it ran away.
The wound I got today.


Even, Benjamin and Anders were shocked and didn’t say a word, before they actually realized what just had happened in the last 5 seconds. They helped me back up on my feet again, but the pain was still there, so I just laid down on the ground again, and tried to be calm, while Even made someone call the Emergency centre.
I don’t really remember what happened then, because I blacked out. The next thing I remember was me waking up in a bed at the Emergency centre. Some lady, with a French accent, told me that I was going to be all right, and my wound luckily wasn’t infected. She told me that when I felt ready I could just leave the Emergency centre, but she recommended me to get some rest first. I did, and a couple of hours later we all went back to the hotel.
So, now I’m sitting here with a bandaged left foot while I’m eating some maple syrup. It’s really refreshing! My foot doesn’t hurt so much now; I just feel some pain now and then. I’m sure it will be all right. What I don’t understand is why that dog attacked me. Also, it didn’t look like the owner of the dog was there while it happened. That will still be a mystery. And I feel a bit mad for breaking the umbrella, but really, that was what made the dog run away (I think…). Maybe it was a good thing that it broke, after all. Well, anyways, now I’m going to bed. It has been a long day, and I struggle to keep my eyelids open at the moment.
Good night!
- Jens

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar